This podcast is so insightful, I almost didn’t release this to the non-paying world. For those of you who are not clients, enjoy this taste of what our clients receive all year long. Enjoy Jody Kahn, Devyn Bachman, and host Dean Wehrli as they bring you the most insightful clarity on new home sales you will find anywhere.
Jody Kahn, Senior Vice President, John Burns Research and Consulting
Devyn Bachman, Senior Vice President, John Burns Research and Consulting
- 2019 versus 2018: The steep decline in 2018 and the degree of turnaround today, especially in the second half of March—and why
- Entry-level buyers: The big sales differences in “bare bones” enry-level home sales versus “upscale” entry-level home sales (targeting DICE, i.e., dual-income, college-educated) buyers
- Repeat buyers: The big sales differences between traditional move-up home sales and really luxurious home sales
- Price trend clarity: Could builder bonuses be the reasons that incentives remain so high when unsold inventory is so low?
- Major markets: Our view of the three strongest and weakest markets in the country as well as clarity on three important, expensive, tech-oriented markets that have been behaving very differently from each other: Seattle, Orange County, and Washington, DC
- Cost trends
- Our view on pricing trends through year-end