In this podcast, learn how several technology investments enabled Smith Douglas Homes to achieve their best sales week ever in the one ending May 3, 2020. The company sells 1500+ affordably priced homes per year throughout the Southeast.
Jim Van Kirk, Vice President of Marketing, Smith Douglas Homes
- Pick their lot and floor plan online, with lot availability updated twice daily
- Configure the exteriors and kitchen interiors the way they like it
- Share their configuration with others
- Tour the home virtually
Source: Smith Douglas Homes on Rendering House
Within a few days of launching, Smith Douglas had their first buyer show up and say, "Here is the home I built online, and I would like to go under contract."
- During the COVID crisis, Smith Douglas’s home personalization app usage has risen 40%.
- The company notes that the technology is popular across all age groups.
- This is yet another example of how the COVID crisis is accelerating technology adoption.