To our knowledge, an event like this had never been done before. We recently brought the creative design talent from the largest home builders, land developers, architects, and building products companies in the US together in the same room. These industry leaders shared ideas on how to design the best places to live that also produce an appropriate risk-adjusted profit. Great design gets funded when it also makes financial sense.
41 presentations plus hours of roundtables and networking discussions resulted in a new kind of industry collaboration and professional friendships that have already resulted in significant changes to new communities. DesignLens™ memberships have also surged as the word has spread.
The downloadable summary is our gift to those of you who could not attend. Thanks to the participants, we learned how to design for:
- Changes in household composition
- Changing consumer expectations
- Changing consumer preferences
We also learned:
- New community design strategies
- Tips on how to sell great design—both to consumers and to those with the pocketbooks needed to fund great design